The Boston Marathon is more than just a race for most people. It is a bold statement of dedication, a burning passion, and a way of life for marathon participants. The 2015 Boston Marathon is expected to bring around 30,000 runners and countless spectators. The marathon has only continued to grow in attendance with “out of towners” each year, which brings to light one very popular question-“where to stay in Boston”? Boston Marathon hotels get booked up fairly quickly, but if you have insider information you can still find space!
Use our guide to find the best place to stay for the 2015 Boston Marathon. We have broken down hotels into categories so you know exactly where to look to fit your needs in a hotel. We know that the marathon attracts a wide array of people from families to single runners who either want to be in walking distance of the finish line, in the suburbs of Boston for viewing along the marathon route, or within easiest transportation access. The hotels listed below will satisfy spectators and runners needs alike!
2015 Boston Marathon Hotels
Hotels In Boston:
Most hotels in the Copley area will meet spectators and runners needs while providing the luxury you would expect from a city located hotel. These hotels are located near the finish line make for great viewing posts and for quick access to rest for tired marathon finishers. View our vote for the top 4 Boston marathon hotel picks below.
- The Lenox Hotel: Near the finish line, the Lenox Hotel offers luxury while being family friendly. It offers allergy free rooms, free WiFi, and your child even gets a plush Lenox Lion!
- Mandarin Oriental: Great choice of hotel for those who love luxury and its proximity to the marathon’s finish line! It offers guests goose-down bedding, top of the line toiletries, HDTV’s, and some rooms even have whirlpool tubs and fireplaces.
- Hotel Commonwealth: This luxury stay will put you right at mile 25 of the marathon and gives you great access to finding a front row viewing spot! They are also pet friendly and will provide dog bowls in your room upon request.
- Courtyard Boston Copley Square: If you like history, you will love that this hotel is set in a renovated apartment building from the 1800’s. It offers the common amenities in your room that you would expect of free in room WiFi and premium TV channels.
Hotels Near Boston Marathon Starting Line:
While there are no hotels in the small town of Hopkinton, these hotels are located in the surrounding towns. They are great for spectators who want to cheer runners on mid race, runners who are looking to stay outside of the city, and those on a budget. They offer free parking, breakfast options, and some offer special Boston Marathon packages!
- Sheraton Framingham Hotel & Conference Center: This Framingham, MA hotel is sure to wow most of its guests, as its appearance is that of a castle. It also puts marathon spectators within 15 minutes of the Boston Marathon Starting line and within 45 minutes of Boston. For families, this hotel also offers an indoor heated pool for the kids entertainment.
- La Quinta Inn: The La Quinta Inn is located in Milford, MA about 10 minutes from Hopkinton, MA. They offer a complimentary breakfast with their rooms and have free high speed WiFi, making them a great budget option.
- DoubleTree: Located in Milford, MA as well, the DoubleTree by Hilton offers a luxury stay in the suburbs. They offer a Boston Marathon Stay Package as well that provides rooming, shuttles to the start line(for runners only), and breakfast for guests.
- Westborough Inn: Located in Westborough, MA and only 15 minutes outside of Hopkinton the Westborough Inn offers a small country feel accompanied by true hospitality. Both WiFi and breakfast come complimentary with your stay.
Participating in the Boston Marathon either as a runner or a supporter is always exciting. The overwhelming sense of positivity and excitement is palpable and is sure to leave memories that will last a lifetime. Enjoy all Boston has to offer during your stay for the 2015 Boston Marathon and consider checking out Fenway’s Opening Day as well!